An Announcement From Dr. Walden for Prospective Surgery Patients
November 17, 2021
To My Wonderful Established Patients and Prospective Patients,
I am writing to share a few exciting transitions to my practice as it matures with me. This year, on this day, I hit the mid-century mark at 50 years old! I’ve happily been performing aesthetic plastic surgery of the face, breast, body, and genitalia for over 20 years now and after much thought, have recently decided to focus more on facial plastic surgery and rhinoplasty.
What does that mean for you? Facial aesthetics is now my focused area of sub-specialization since my fellowship training was dedicated to facial aesthetic surgery at The Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York City. This transition has allowed me to further refine and sharpen my focus and passion in facial plastic surgery, as well as other leadership obligations I have in the industry nationally.
That said, we continue to love to do all forms of cosmetic surgery at my practice, as I have trained and hired a skilled bilingual female plastic surgeon. Dr. Daniela Atencio, my ASAPS-endorsed fellow, has now been with me in the practice since 2020. Dr. Atencio is performing more of the liposuction, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), breast implant, breast lift, breast reduction, and buttock lift (BBL) surgeries from the overflow I have been blessed to have. It’s been a pleasure to watch Dr. Atencio become busy and successful with a growing clientele of cosmetic surgery patients in a short amount of time, and I feel quite confident in her ability. She is safe, talented, intuitive about your needs, and efficient in the operating room.
If you wish to have me perform your surgery and it does not fall in the highlighted list below, you’ll have the option of submitting your case for review by either of the following:
- You may elect to see one of my patient educator/ clinical nurses in consultation who will be able to review your case and photos with me, or
- You can easily upload your photos and information for a case review through our new Symplast Patient app, available by contacting our practice for secure download.
Both options are at no cost to you, and I plan to review breast and body cases this way moving forward. If the case review results in your candidacy, I’ll consider performing the procedures on a case-by-case basis.
Consultations for the following list of procedures can be arranged in-person or virtually after assessing your photos, medical and surgical history, securely submitted through my Symplast Patient App:
- Eyelid lift
- Brow lift
- Upper lip lift
- Any facial cosmetic procedure
- Injectables of face
- Primary breast augmentation
- Penile enlargement by filler (J-Shot)
For established patients who’ve had previous surgery with me, revisional surgery is available (if needed) regardless of type of procedure: breast, body, or facial.
To ensure your consultation time is both effective and efficient, our schedulers will ask the following:
- If you’ve had previous cosmetic surgery of the area of interest, and have prior operative records or photos, please have those available during your consultation – especially for secondary rhinoplasty and breast implant surgery.
- If you’ve had surgery elsewhere, by another plastic surgeon on a certain body area, and would like that area of concern revised or a second opinion, we’ll kindly request you wait at least 11 to 12 months from the original date of surgery to schedule your consultation.
If you’d like me to consider performing the procedures below, you’ll need initial pre-screening with my clinic nurse, or my team would be delighted to schedule a consultation with Dr. Daniela Atencio:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – patients must have a BMI of 29 or less
- Body liposuction – patients must have a BMI of 29 or less
- Breast lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast augmentation with lift
- Breast reduction
- Breast implant capsulectomy and exchange work
- Brazilian buttock lift
- I do not perform thigh lifts or 360-degree lower body lifts after massive weight loss
Finally, I’m excited to close by sharing the news about my latest endeavor. In April of 2022, I’m pleased to announce I’ll have the honor of becoming the first female President of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (The Aesthetic Society) (a 55-year-old organization that is the authority on education, safety, and artistry in aesthetic plastic surgery and medicine)! This new part time “job” will require additional travel and administrative responsibilities over the next couple of years. My team and I have been preparing for this and look forward to guiding you through our new scheduling process, including my nurses now assisting with several of the postoperative visits. In addition, Dr. Atencio or another experienced and trusted local plastic surgeon colleague will cover my practice during periods of travel.
As always, it has truly been a privilege to take care of you, and I look forward to sharing this next phase of our journey together. Thank you so much for your continued support!
Jennifer L. Walden, MD, FACS
Clinical Assistant Professor, The University of Texas Southwestern
President-Elect, The Aesthetic Society (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)