We are located in Westlake Medical Center at 5656 Bee Caves Rd in Suite E201. Our offices are located in the beautiful Westlake Medical Center at Bee Caves and Capital of Texas Highway (360). The office is a spacious and elegantly decorated 4200 square feet providing all of the amenities our patients deserve. In addition to patient exam and treatment rooms, there is a fully equipped outpatient operating room.
The Operating Room
Dr. Walden has her own accredited on-site operating room allowing for the most private and comfortable environment for all of her cosmetic patients. The facility is spacious and fully equipped including all of the instrumentation needed for any of the procedures the doctor performs. Patient safety is the first consideration, and to that end all operating and anesthesia staff are familiar with Dr. Walden’s routine and are fully licensed and credentialed. In addition, all systems, including oxygen, suction, lighting and electricity, have back-up sources.
With a private on-site facility, patients wishing for privacy need not worry about running into an acquaintance in a hospital waiting area. In addition, greater scheduling flexibility is an added convenience of a private facility. If you would like to learn more, Dr. Walden would be happy to take you on a tour of her operating facility during your consultation.
For patients desiring the added comfort and convenience of an overnight stay, The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center is the perfect answer. This on-site hospital provides 24-hour care in a posh environment that rivals even the finest five-star hotels.
Office Virtual Tour
Patient Safety First
In our surgical facility at the office of Jennifer L. Walden, MD PLLC, we emphasize PATIENT SAFETY! We have been inspected and have met 100% of the standards set by AAAASF for accreditation of our surgical facility.
Jennifer L. Walden, MD, PLLC has demonstrated its commitment to patient safety by gaining accreditation from The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), recognized nationally as the “Gold Standard” in accreditation.
The areas covered during inspection are:
- Personnel: Prove to have current and appropriate credentials of medical staff.
- Operating room: Prove to have safe surgical equipment, sterile technique, and policies.
- Medications: Availability of emergency drugs, equipment, and staff.
- Anesthesia: Appropriate anesthesia equipment, drugs and qualified providers.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement: Adhere to oversight thru a strict reporting and peer review policy.
- General Environment and Safety: Provide a safe, comfortable, non-threatening, and personal atmosphere in which to have surgery.
- Medical Records: Prove to have complete and accurate medical records.
Modern surgery and anesthesia have reached new heights in safety and new, less invasive procedures have been developed. However, economic pressures have created a trend in that physicians are performing procedures learned during a weekend course and in many cases, are far from their training or not in their field of specialty. Another concern is the use of oral or intravenous sedating drugs on patients undergoing these procedures in non-accredited facilities. AAAASF accreditation assures proper credentials and strict requirements for safeguards prevent these scenarios from happening.
AAAASF is unique among accrediting agencies in protecting patients in an office-based surgery (OBS) setting:
- Requires surgeons to have hospital privileges for any procedure that is performed.
- Requires the use of Anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- Requires safe surgical environment, equipment, drugs, etc. through specific standards.
- Holds OBS to Hospital standards.
- Requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data (complications, mortalities, etc. with extensive data covering over 2 million procedures).