What Is Thermiva?*
Excessive relaxation of the vaginal muscles is a common occurrence after vaginal birth, or due to aging. Damage can diminish sensation during intercourse, reduce sexual satisfaction and change the relationship between partners. Numerous factors can case laxity of the skin, and no area is immune to this natural decline.
Dr. Walden is proud to be the first physician in Austin to use ThermiVa for Vaginal Tightening and Rejuvenation. ThermiVa is a unique temperature controlled radio frequency system for non-surgical dermatological application in aesthetics and other medical specialties.
ThermiVa was developed by Thermi, a women’s wellness company whose mission is to help women reclaim, restore, and revive.
Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginal rejuvenation restores the vagina to its youthful appearance and performance by tightening and strengthening the vagina and pelvic floor, as well as making any desired cosmetic adjustments.
Vaginal rejuvenation serves many functions:
- It can improve the appearance of the vagina
- Relieve discomfort
- Aid in proper hygiene
- Increase sexual satisfaction
- Boost self-confidence.
Thermiva for Incontinence
ThermiVa can treat vulvovaginal laxity as well as the symptoms listed below:
- Urinary Incontinence – Urinary incontinence (UI) is a common condition that involves the involuntary loss of urine. Although it is not usually a serious condition, UI can be embarrassing and affect a person’s daily life. UI can affect men and women of all ages, but is more common in women, especially during and after pregnancy.
- Stress Incontinence – Stress incontinence is a common condition involving an involuntary loss of urine that occurs when a physical movement places pressure, or stress, on the bladder. While stress incontinence can affect men and women of all ages, it is most common in women who have multiple pregnancies, as childbirth tends to stretch the urethral sphincter.
Vaginal Tightening Treatment
Dr. Walden uses ThermiVa treatments to deliver controlled thermal energy to the desired areas – external (labia) and/or internal (vaginal). This uses the same technology that has been used for years in ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth procedures to reduce the effects of aging.
The complete ThermiVa procedure includes 3 separate treatments over a period of 3 months. There is no downtime other than the office appointments, and no anesthetics are necessary.
Watch Dr. Walden on Keye-CBS Discussing Thermiva Technology
First in Austin, Texas – Thermiva for Vaginal Rejuvenation
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in Thermiva vaginal rejuvenation, call Dr. Jennifer Walden at 512-328-4100 to schedule a consultation. Our practice serves Austin, TX and surrounding areas.
* ThermiVa is a non-ablative RF application, which was cleared in 2013 and 2018 for use in dermatological and general surgical procedures for electrocoagulation and hemostasis, as developed in accordance with FDA guidance.
ThermiVa is supported by a clinical trial program involving 65 patients at nine sites in the US designed to demonstrate ThermiVa’s ability to safely and effectively address common intimate health conditions. In Europe, ThermiVa is approved to treat vulvovaginal laxity based on clinical trial results. Worldwide, more than 103,700 ThermiVa treatments have been successfully performed since 2015, and ThermiGen has not received any reportable events based on reported information.