What is the VI-Peel?
The unique blend of ingredients in the ViPeel produces powerful results. This medical-grade chemical peel has Phenol in it, which makes it pain free. There is no skin preparation necessary, and very little downtime. ViPeel is a combination of several of the most effective medical peel agents available:
- TCA – Trichloroacetic Acid for penetration, stimulates collagen growth
- Retin-A – acid derived from vitamin A to combat wrinkles
- Salicylic Acid – this beta hydroxy acid (BHA) is an exfoliant
- Phenol – has antiseptic and anesthetic properties, aids in skin penetration
- Vitamin C – ascorbic acid has antioxidant and mild exfoliation properties
What can the VI-Peel Be Used for?
The Vi Peel can be used for:
- hyperpigmentation and melasma
- sun damage
- improving skin tone and texture
- clearing up acne & reducing acne scars
- stimulating collagen growth and elastin production, for younger looking skin
- reducing the appearance of pores
- works on all skin types Fitzpatrick I-VI
How is the VI-Peel Procedure Performed?
Your skin will be prepped with alcohol to remove all oils. A first layer will be applied which slightly numbs the skin. You may feel brief stinging for 5 to 10 seconds. Subsequent layers are applied until your skin “frosts”. The peel is left on and will self-neutralize over the next 6 hours. Your skin will feel and look tighter with a glow.
Skin will darken to look tanned, then the peeling will begin on Day 3 with Peel completion by Day 7. Your new skin will be much smoother, clearer and more tone-balanced.
- stay out of the sun (within reason) during the peel process
- no working out or sweating excessively for the first three days
- no picking, peeling or “helping” skin flake off