Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Textbook Goes Online
- Posted on: Oct 23 2009
With over 10 million people in the United States having had cosmetic procedures in 2008 (an 11.8 billion dollar industry), cosmetic surgery is a booming business in a struggling economy (Statistics source: ASAPS). What better time is there to learn about a fascinating field that often captures the attention of mainstream America and the media alike? Click on the above video to see the news story on the Plastic Surgery Channel.
Introducing Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, edited by Dr. Sherrell J. Aston, Dr. Douglas S. Steinbrech, and Dr. Jennifer Walden, the world’s first single volume comprehensive textbook on contemporary aesthetic plastic surgery. Published and released recently by the esteemed scientific publishing house Elsevier, this textbook brings to the table the masterful expertise needed to achieve breathtaking outcomes for every cosmetic surgery procedure, including the MACS lift, endoscopic mid- and lower face rejuvenation, lid/cheek blending along the tear trough, cohesive gel breast augmentation, lipoabdominoplasty, injectables such as Botox, Radiesse, Restylane, Sculptra, nonsurgical ultrasonic fat reduction, suture suspension threadlifts, and many more.
A “who’s who” of international authorities in plastic surgery explain their signature techniques, giving all the know-how today’s highly trained and skilled plastic surgeon needs to deliver the exceptional results that patients demand. Operative videos on DVD demonstrate these techniques being performed in real time and Expert Consult online access enables one to reference the text, download images, and watch the videos from any computer.
• Coverage of hot topics includes MACS lift, endoscopic mid and lower face rejuvenation, lid/cheek blending along the tear trough, the newest rhinoplasty techniques, cohesive gel breast augmentation, fat grafting techniques, details of the latest injectables and fillers, and many other highly sought-after procedures.
• Operative videos – on DVD and online – let you see how leading experts perform more than 50 important techniques, including extended SMAS face lift, traditional inverted-T breast augmentation, and lipoabdominoplasty.
• Nearly 1600 full-color photographs and illustrations demonstrate what to look for and what results you will achieve.
• A consistent, extremely user-friendly organization guides you through history, evaluation, anatomy, technical steps, post-operative care, complications, and pearls and pitfalls for each procedure – giving you all the advice you need to make informed, effective decisions and avoid complications and disappointing results.
• Expert Consult online access allows you to reference the complete contents, perform rapid searches, download the images, and watch the operative videos from any computer.
This important textbook will be referenced for years to come, and updated as new technical information becomes available. Dr. Sherrell Aston, Dr. Doug Steinbrech, and Dr. Jennifer Walden are plastic surgeons in New York, New York specializing in cosmetic plastic surgery. For more information, visit us online at Amazon.com