BOTOX® Cosmetic is a safe and effective option for reducing the appearance wrinkles on adults of almost any age. Given its popularity as one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures, there is some misinformation surrounding the use and effects of BOTOX. The following are the true answers to some of the most popular myths about BOTOX.
- BOTOX will make your face look frozen or plastic. In the hands of a skilled professional who is qualified to perform injections, you will not have a frozen or expressionless face. On the contrary, your wrinkles will be much less noticeable or may disappear completely. The rest of your face will also look normal and relaxed.
- Injections are painful. Like any small needle, you may feel a slight pinch that lasts only a few seconds. Most patients report very mild discomfort only during the procedure, which quickly subsides.
- You can become “addicted” to BOTOX. There is nothing in BOTOX that is addictive. Patients often choose to have repeated injections because they are thrilled with their results. BOTOX can be discontinued at any time without any ill effects.
- BOTOX can give you botulism. Although BOTOX is made from a specially purified form of botulinum toxin, it has been designed to be extremely safe and effective. It stays at the injection site and cannot cause botulism. BOTOX contains only FDA-approved ingredients. Millions of people have used BOTOX with outstanding results.
- BOTOX can smooth out any line or wrinkle on your face. BOTOX works by temporarily allowing the treated facial muscles to relax. Therefore, it works wonderfully on lines and wrinkles that are caused by muscle movements, such as crow’s feet or a furrow between the eyebrows. Ask your qualified BOTOX professional about this if you are unsure about a specific wrinkle. Chances are, there may be another minimally invasive procedure that can be done to improve any wrinkles that cannot be treated with BOTOX.
Interested In Refreshing Your Appearance? Contact Dr. Jennifer Walden
If you’re dealing with the unwanted signs of facial aging, contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn about your options. Our office is located in Austin, TX, and we can be reached at 512.328.4100. We look forward to hearing from you.