Dr. Jennifer Walden Selected as Texas Super Doctor 2015
- Posted on: Nov 27 2015
Who is the “doctor’s doctor?” Have you ever wondered that regardless of the specialty, much less when you needed surgery? That is the question asked by MSP Communications in the selection process for Texas Super Doctors™ when they put together a super list of physicians that are trusted and sought out by colleagues for medical care. Although being a savvy health care consumer is ideal, the pursuit of accurate information can be huge task these days online and offline. We read about it in this month’s issue of Texas Monthly, December 2015, and are excited to announce that Dr. Jennifer Walden of Austin, Texas was selected again for this prestigious honor in the specialty of plastic surgery. The well-known communications firm has this to say about the Super Doctors™ selection process:
In selecting physicians for Super Doctors™, MSP Communications employs a rigorous multi-step process designed to identify physicians who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Doctors is a selective listing of outstanding doctors, representing consumer-oriented medical specialties.
Survey of Doctors
- First, a pool of candidates is put together. Each year MSP Communications invites doctors to nominate colleagues they know to be exceptional in their specified field. Physicians are asked to consider the following question: “If you needed medical care in one of the following specialties, which doctor would you choose?” Numerous safeguards are in place to prevent ballot manipulation and doctors may not self-nominate.
- The research staff also contributes to the pool of candidates by searching medical databases, online sources, and publications for doctors who have attained certain credentials, honors or professional achievements – what they call ‘Star Search Credentials.’ This process also includes physicians in less visible or highly specialized medical areas.
Candidates are vetted on 10 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement including the following:
- Years of experience
- Hospital appointments
- Professional activities
- Leadership positions
- Academic achievements/positions
- Board certifications
- Publications, lectures & presentations
- Honors and awards
- Other outstanding achievement
Blue Ribbon Panel Review
- Nominees are grouped into specialties. Doctors in each area who have the highest scores from the nomination and evaluation steps are invited to serve on a “blue ribbon panel.” Each panelist is asked to review and evaluate a list of nominees from his/her area of focus.
The Final Selection
- The last step is to total the points received from nominations, research, and blue ribbon panel review. Only the highest-scoring physicians are included on the Super Doctors list. The Super Doctors list is approximately 5% of the physicians within the respective state or region.
- Each candidate is contacted to verify the doctor’s professional information. Physicians are asked to verify they have not been subject to disciplinary or criminal proceedings. The research staff also independently reviews the discipline record of each candidate before publication and verifies that the doctor is active and in good standing.
We are very excited to announce that Dr. Walden “made the cut” again for the Texas Super Doctors list. Please check out the profile online here!